Saturday, January 31, 2009

empathy

Women Alone
I have an understanding of these women, but not having the good fortune to be a lesbian myself I'll always be an outsider.
I think it would be heaven to have a month's retreat each year at a place like Alapine and for the rest of the year just to know that it was there.

You'd suppose that a solitary person wouldn't have the urge for engagement with the world--it certainly seems odd to me.
But for myself, on the odd occasion, I just have to jump in and participate in the wild and woolly world.
It's kind of glorious--in an I-can't-wait-to-get-out-of-here-way.
Full engagement carries a lot of snap and crackle--a lot of life.

But to be with Women Alone for a while-- and to be accepted-- would be life too.

I hope that as the lesbians of today come to wisdom and age they continue these communities; letting straight women participate if only for the temporary comfort.




No comments: