Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Bright Light in the Dark


As some of you may know, I'm a liberal-leaning independent (small 'i') voter who has little use for Fox News . However, last night, during the election returns, I watched Fox News, partly out of curiosity and partly due to my political perversity.

And it wasn't bad. (At least not the part I watched. I turned it off when Tom Delay showed up.) The panel of commentators seemed to be as even-handed as any other of the big news sites, Karl Rove seemed to be positively enjoying himself and there was a remarkable interview by Brit Hume with a young Republican congressman from Wisconsin named Paul Ryan.

(I tried to embed this video, but it ain't working, so here's the link. Fingers crossed that it works.)

Video: Watch Brit Hume's interview

I hope this young man sticks around. He's looking at his party's defeat as an opportunity to get back to Republican basics, and he seems optimistic about the chances of doing it. I would vote for a guy like this.

- Maggie Carneiro

No comments: