Monday, September 29, 2008

AND she's 'Dorcus Malorcus', as well.

........................... FREE THE MOOSE!........................................


I read today that some Conservatives are urging McCain to stop pulling on Sarah's reins, to 'give her her head', so to speak. I'm with them. Unmuzzle her. Take the gag out. Loose the reins and let 'er fly! It would be.......glorious.

Yes, I ordered my pins a couple days ago and they said that they should ship within seven business days, so I'm hopeful that they'll be here on time. In any case, you'll be flying back with three shot glasses that I've collected for Chris over the years. (I'll get him one from Montauk too, and send it back with your mom. Oooh, I forgot to say; I love that 'Obama' button because it reminds me of your mural!

Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? Leftover chef's salad and leftover beef chop suey. This is what happens when you get to the point where you just don't care anymore. I remember (and it was a very long time ago) when it actually mattered to me whether or not the vegetables 'matched' the meat. Can you imagine that there was ever a time when I wouldn't serve brussels sprouts with chicken because they didn't 'go' together? I was insane. These days we eat lasagna with red cabbage, and we're thankful to have it! After all, there are polar bears cannibalizing each other in Alaska. (Another point for Sarah. "Ding")

I DO wish you didn't have to go right back to the PNW and could come to Montauk instead. (Although I understand how you feel. My heart starts missing Kurt before I've even left the house!) I intend to spend two full days up to my knees in water. I'll have to bring a BIG bucket for all the shells and rocks. Hey, remember when you and I were at 'Bee Sting Beach' with that Tupperware basin and the tide came in and the last we saw of it, it was scooting north to Orient Point? All by itself. I wonder whatever became of it. It looked like such a proud little vessel, sailing off on an adventure to parts unknown, laden only with a few seashells and some pretty rocks. (It's a good thing that we didn't put our shoes in there.)

Presently, I'm cleaning out and rearranging my big bag. I have to do it at least once a week, because I keep shoving stuff in there and then forgetting about it. The cats couldn't be happier. Every few minutes one of them leaps onto the desk and tries to make off with something, the sharper the better. Idiots! I wish I could get a picture of all five of them together. They're all ridiculous, but when you put them together, they equal more than the sum of their absurdity. It's weird!

- Maggie

No comments: