Thursday, July 10, 2008

Military-Industrial Complex/Wall-E


Too much, too much, too much...
Con artists and scalawags. Maggie, you are so right about the Legal Depts of the Telecoms. I didn't think of that at all. They should've been all over it.
I wonder what the conversations were like amongst the corporation attorneys? Who wanted to dig in and fight and who wanted to duck and cover? And what were the reasons offered?
I went to see Wall-E last night--secondary to reading Frank Rich's Sunday column. There was an Industrial Complex--and there was spoon-feeding of comforting information to the populace (who just'ate it up' so to speak). While I watched it I was wondering what was being spoon fed into me. It's really hard to tell. All we know is what we read in the papers and godknows the newspapers only print whatever will bring in the readership--truth and lies artfully pieced together to confound and amuse. Pablum for the great unwashed (that would be us)
I value truth and honor. I know that a lie from time to time is well-advised. Like Gail Collins pointed out I realize that there are some things that must be fought for--but lately it's all about the money. Incredible, unbelievable amounts of money for people who already have much more than they need. Actually, this has always been the case--ever since people and money were invented--why are we always suprised and/or disappointed when governments screw their citizens over? It's a grand tradition, for heavens sake!
What can we the people do? Vote? That dosen't seem to work. Revolt? Americans are still too comfortable, we fear for our jobs and our measley retirements.
I guess we just keep stepping and posting to our Blog and pointing out the ridiculous and the criminal when it comes along---yes, lots of material for us.
I will stubbornly retain my sense of humor in the face of deceit. I'll keep posting and reading the news. If there's anything else I need to do you'll let me know, won't you?

No comments: