Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There are a Lot of Uses for Cheez Whiz....

.....but it looks like they may have missed one.

Poor P.Z. Myers over at 'Pharyngula' has been taking a beating because he doesn't believe that a soda cracker can be endowed with special powers. He's been rude to a flat, dry sliver of dough. (By the way, I happen to know a devout Roman Catholic who keeps Holy Water in an old Sprite bottle. She's Dutch and very frugal, but what could be ruder than that?) If you are so inclined, please visit him at his site and support his impudence. Big time religion is in a little need of disrespect.

My comment to P.Z. Myers at Pharyngula:

(I'm comment # 349)

You know, if you hadn't thrown out that cracker, you could have sprayed some Cheez Whiz on it and had a delicious snack.

In my youth I was forced to partake of many a communion wafer. The Nuns told us that we weren't allowed to chew it. Indeed, if our teeth even touched it, it would be a sin. It seems you're not supposed to bite the body of Christ, you're supposed to let him melt in your mouth like M&Ms. Sadly they were made of some sticky, styrofoam-like substance that simply wouldn't dissolve. You don't know how many times I had to pry the body of Christ off the roof of my mouth with my finger!

- Maggie

Posted by: Lois Carneiro | July 30, 2008 5:07 PM

No comments: