Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Reply to Barack's Reply.


To read Barack's Obama's reply to those of us who oppose his decision to support retroactive immunity for Telecoms, click here: http://my.barackobama.com/

(You'll have to scroll all the way back up the page, because it loads at my reply, which is way down at the bottom.)

This was not an easy call for me either..
By Lois from Yorktown Heights, NY Jul 6th 2008 at 3:38 pm EDT
.....but your position on retroactive immunity has cast serious doubt on my previous decision to vote for you in November. (I'm also not fond of your faith-based initiatives. Let's leave faith in people's hearts and keep it out of government.)

If you continue in your course to compromise the Constitution by ensuring immunity for those who participated in illegal wiretaps, and by allowing religions (whose faith I do NOT share) a place in implementing government programs, I shall be casting a write-in ballot for Dennis Kucinich. -Lois Carneiro

I haven't spent the last six years, typing my fingers to the bone, just to put with more of the same shenanagins we endured from Junior and his pals. I'd never vote for McCain; that would be silly. But I damned well will not vote for someone who thinks that warrantless wiretaps are a GOOD idea!

- Maggie

No comments: