Friday, June 13, 2008

Here They Are!

The 3rd one from the left must be Wallis Simpson, the Dutchess of Windsor. In fact, it was this very photo that incurred the wrath of the Royal Family. After this was published, the Royals were going to make Wallis call herself the Dutchess of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, except they didn't want to advertise their own German roots.

The woman next to her (the one with the triangular hair) possesses the biggest surfboard in all the world! During the winter months, she's an ice trucker, and uses her board as a plow to clear the way for all the other trucks. She's related, by marriage, to Larry Fine.

I'm feeling very creepy today. A sense of bad things to come is haunting me. I get a lot of days like that, and the feeling has never actually presaged doom and disaster, as far as I can remember. But just having the feeling is bad. I don't like it. At first, I thought it was because M. Night Shyamalan has a new movie opening. And after 'Lady in the Water' with all it's squinks, narfs and twerps, I don't think I'm up to any more of his cinematic jiggery-pokery. But the Times gave it a half-hearted 'thumbs up', so it can't be that.

If growing duckweed were profitable, I could make a fortune. It's almost time for another (C)update, so I'll have to get in there and scoop some of it out.

It looks like the media aren't really jumping all over these articles of impeachment. It's cause they're not lurid enough. Dennis should have included pictures of Miley Cyrus and photocopies of Cindy McCain's tax returns. That would get some attention. What was it that Gene Wilder said to Sheriff Bart (Cleavon Little) in 'Blazing Saddles'? It was something like, "These people are the common clay, the salt of the earth. You know......... Morons!"

I despair. I wish I were a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas. But 'Ghost Whisperer' goes on tonight, so I'll have to put that off for another day.

- Maggie

1 comment:

Richard B. Simon said...

If you grow the right variety of duckweed (c reinhardtii), the right way, you can get it to produce hydrogen ... and run that in a fuel cell to power car and home.