Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Megalo-coconuts


I like the way you associate megalomaniacs with coconuts. They have something in common. Do you know how many people are killed by falling coconuts every year? One hundred and fifty, according to several internet sites, although The Straight Dope points out that's merely an extrapolation from limited data. Anyway, regarding death, the differences between megalomaniacs and coconuts are quantity and intent.

It's silly, but I'd rather be killed by a falling coconut. Even though it's a less dignified death (there's that word again) and would eliminate my eligibility for martyrdom, I assume the coconut would gain no satisfaction from killing me. I could be wrong about that. There could be more to coconuts than I think. Everything has an agenda.

No comments: