Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tia, try again

Try again, I changed the settings.
I have no plan. I only know that I don't want to do another cold, wet winter and be a nurse at the same time. Nursing is a cold, wet occupation...well, warm and wet would be worse and sometimes it is!
It's beautiful here in the Pacific NW right now and my idea is to work 6 monthes in the SW and 3 months here and 3 months off. I can do that by travel nursing--so here I go.
My bones ache in the winter and I'm taking them south.
I just got home from work and I'm a little tired and less than inspired.
Nursing is a very good profession. The money is better that it used to be (probably because of the shortage). It's flexible and always changing--it makes me use my brain and I'm hoping it will stave off dementia at least until I can retire. Relating to the hospitalized is an adventure in contrasts--more on that later. Relating to the other nurses and the MD's and everyone who makes up the Escher-esque landscape of medicine is exhilarating and exasperating and everything that makes nursing transcendentally wonderful are the same things that make it like a ten-penny nail to the forehead.
I can only stand it if I go south for the winter---and if that doesn't work I'll try something else.
The blog...I don't understand the blog but I feel compelled to do it and to take you and the un-named dark-haired child (you know who you are) along with me.
We are wonderful. We belong on the web.

No comments: